Monday, May 7, 2012

Fountain of Youth

This week consisted of some decent adventure, some of which will discussed in its own post at a later date. Yesterday, I got out a few fellow members of the Race Pace/ Trek mtb squad and played amongst the wet rocks. It would seem some choose not to change tires depending on the terrain and several of the dickskin tires ended up cut. Normally, the sealant inside would plug the hole, but when the Stan\'s bogger inside the tire resembles a piece of cauliflower, there is probably little liquid still swishing about. As expected with the RP crew, when wheels were actually turning, it was surge, surge, attack, attack, like angry ants, mad with the smell of fitness. However, flats would once again plague the ride, and another 20 minutes would pass trying to get a dry tubeless tire to seal. Maybe it seemed that long after numerous applications of rubber cement which made me forget about the hammer being dropped on me moments prior. Then, we would start off again and quickly remember, struggling to hang on, sluggish from yet another glue application. Were we really out for 5 hours? Then I headed ver to the steep side and took a token shuttle run with Jed and the boys.

Today was another gloomy day, and more or less a disappointment. I have been trying to track down a frame for a print I\'m selling, and it\'s proving to be problematic after my goto store shut its doors. I called off the search at around 3:30pm and went for lunch where I was once again accosted by an obnoxious crossfit trainer who used terms like "fountain of youth" to describe his program. I was tempted to tell him to drink from my fountain of youth, but focused on my pizza instead. He lost interest before reaching the point in the conversation where I end up cussing him out and throwing his crumpled up card on thebar. That was so last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment