Thursday, April 12, 2012

Preoccupied

Amoungst the rolls I have been recently sorting through was a 35mm b&w roll from the Occupy DC days that I shot with my Blackbird Fly twin reflex. In the cover of darkness, occupiers began construction of a permanant structure in the park which sparked a stand-off.



This officer's expression really caught my eye. It was obvious he was just on the job and the day was wearing on him. I had forgotten it until I saw this image again, the empathy I felt.


I asked this fellow if I could take his picture. He said "No," but changed his mind once he saw my camera. It seemed to spark some memories for him and was happy to have his picture taken with a twin reflex.



Odd mobile camping unit...


People always need to bring religion into things...


Note the Jesus on soap-on-arope around the neck. This guy seemed a bit touched....


Not all were spoiled 20 somethings on the run...


But alas, some were...


"Murphy in the Park!"

2 comments:

  1. Neat images, Nate! I don't know if it was the b&w or what, but they caught some very interesting images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I feel that film photography captures something that digital has lost. I know my cameras and what kind of image they will produce so I choose the appropriate camera for the job. It's more expensive and takes more work, but in the end it is something that I feel has been lost in the digital era

    ReplyDelete