Tuesday, September 27, 2011

For some reason, I have been waking up sometime during the 4 o’clock hour for the past week or so. Last night it was 4:20 am and probably had something to do with the pigmy pachaderms and the alligator nibbling at my rear end. Thank god it was only a dream… or was it?



I milled about the apartment for a bit, working on a couple of projects before heading out to Tastee’s and then off to test out the gearing I put on the single speed. In case you are wondering, it sucks. I have made a real effort to make this micro gear thing work, but the pedal strokes always feel dead. I guess there is some physics there I don’t quite understand as the gear inches appear to be reasonable. I just keep thinking how nice it would be to have extra clearance for stuff like Caylor’s and Buzzard’s on the off chance I were to ride one or both of those sometime in the near future (hint, hint). The rocks were greasy but the colors are beginning to show themselves and mushrooms of all shapes, colors and sizes are popping up everywhere.
















After finding out my gear is more or less useless, I was off to my LBS which is a nice 45 minute drive away to see if the 32 tooth White Industries chainring I spied a few months ago was still lying about. Sure enough it was so I picked it up along with some other bits and nutritional supplements to have on hand. I had the digi with me so I snagged more than a few photos; some of which are sure to turn out. I also was able to track down a car load of frames which were used many years ago as windows. Got any old windows? Holler!









The Terror of Teaberry was this weekend and I scared myself out of racing. I was tempted to go and volunteer/ take photos/ heckle, but knew that if I went I wouldnt be able to resist the urge to race and am saving the legs for a rather large undertaking this week. And speaking of large undertakings, there was a scrambled voicemail from Chris Scott on my phone which I deduced had something to do with me tagging along on his 2 week voyage along the Virginia Mountain Trail. Wish I could take the time to do it, but work is just beginning to get busy. I will have to look at the itinerary and see if I can make it out for a day or two.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Nathan. The fungi are awesome, but my favorite of this set is the moon behind the church spires. You have serious composition technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words. I havent seen you post here before. welcome. sometimes I get lucky.

    ReplyDelete