Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Prepping...

I havent really been doing much prep for the Tour so far as the bike has been pretty much issue free as of late. Yesterday, while out for another monday riding everything at Schaffer/ Hoyles Mill/ Blackhill, I broke a spoke on the rear wheel. With the I9s, you have to take the tire off to replace a spoke, and anyone looking at that rear tire would say it has done its time, but 5 and a half months in, I am going to see just how much I can get out of this tire. Last year, I was lucky to get a month out of one and lost count at 20 tires I had sliced the casing on. Yes, its true, I am not kind on my equipment and run my tires at rediculously low psi, but I am still hovering at right around the 150lbs mark sopping wet. So, that old Maxxis Ardent LUST that I put on in Sedona after slicing yet another Bonti 29.3 went back on and the brand new one is packed and ready in the event of catastrophic failure during the Tour.

A clean shop is a happy shop...


Look at the size of that Stans booger...


It found a new home anoungst some other oddities...


M.R. Ducks...

No comments:

Post a Comment