Sunday, May 29, 2011

Head Games

Today was the Searsucker Social in DC however this sucker is more on the anti-social tip so I headed out to the Shed for some solo training in hopes of getting my head together for next week's Super-D. Plan was to take some downhill runs (shuttle free) before getting in some miles on some undulating trails. A late wake up and slow start, but I managed to get out to Frederick by noon and ran into a familiar face when I pulled up at the yellow gate. Creampuff sounded like a good trail to get things started on so we rolled through the field hitting the doubles and into the woods. My front tire was a bit over inflatted so I had a bit of trouble holding the line at times. I finally lost the front end in a steep bit of sweaty, chunky stones and ran it out. Unfortunately, my body was out running my feet. I stumbled for some 30 or 40 feet before losing my footing and going down. Again, I managed to give my noggin a floggin', but managed to spare this helmet this time around. A possibly broken nose, bruised shoulder and other facial abrasions.

I rode back up the road, met the others and took another run, this time on Evo, which I have ridden once before. It went much better than the first but I felt like I was creeping. Once out on the road, I noticed my fork was locked out. I took the road over to Vandal(?) before climbing Trail of Tears to the ridge. As I softly pedaled, I let the thoughts wander. I had come to get my head straight for next week's event, but crashed within 5 minutes of being in the woods... on a trail called "Cream puff." Pathetic. I am in worse shape than when I started. So much for that idea. I tried not to let it get to me. The rest of the day would be a relaxing spin around the blue trail which I havent ridden in some time.

Its that kinda day...


It all happened so fast...


Look away, Im hideous...



Blood mobile...


Coulda been worse I suppose...


Made a friend while taking a dip at clear pond...


Found my place...


Lynx found his earlier in the week...


2 comments:

  1. you're just getting all your wrecking out of the way before the SuperD. Good strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer on the wreck. Surprised we didn't run across you out there, was our in those parts around the same time

    ReplyDelete