Saturday, April 2, 2011

So there I was, bellied up to the bar at my favorite Napoli pizza joint and this chick next to me started chatting me up. She asked if I knew who Malcolm Gladwell was. I knew the name but couldn't put my finger on the context. She told me to google it when I got home, that I reminded her of him. Not knowing whether to be flattered or offended, I let the conversation die; especially after sizing her up in the 5 second interaction we had. Nothing there to catch my interest. Usually something would have jumped out. Hands, eyes, personality... So I finished my meal and made my rounds of the local watering holes, just to make sure i wasn't missing anything and came home to find out just who this Malcolm Gladwell charactor is. Still not sure whether to be flattered or offended.

1 comment:

  1. Depends on the context of the conversation, but she either was into the "big brain" or thought you were a dork ;^)....

    ReplyDelete