Friday, March 11, 2011

Next Level

For those of you who know me, I am somewhat anti-contest and yes, I can be anti-social at times but I couldnt pass up the oppotuntiy to take things to the next level...


Here are a couple of stills of testing out the course before the contest. I was rippin' but not good enough to best those boys from across the pond...





Actually, these are photos taken from the Pits Jam in 1999, where I took first place in the dual slalom on that very bike, in that very outfit. I qualified 6th but the finals were run 8 deep, with the first 2 qualifiers up front, 3rd and 4th in the next row and so on. I was able to jump from course to course and throw a big elbow in the sweeper, taking out Hartlove, Appel, some Trek pro and some other fast guys coming out on top... on a 20" BMX bike with only a front brake wearing a ball cap. Sick knife to case on a substantually smaller set of doubles. Note the front tire bottoming out upon landing.

Last year, I was kickin' it with my friend Tennessee, and we were chatting about documentaries when she told me about one called Okie Noddin'. I had no idea what "noodlin'" was until she schooled me and since then, the topic has come up numerous times, most recently today, when I was approached about being in on an Animal Planet show where there teach people how and then have a contest of sorts. Tomorrow I have an interview with a producer and then do some Skype interview. Is there a career change in my future? For those not in the know, here is a taste...



Jimmy P. posted on facehole today that March 11 was Pepe's B-Day. The pictures he posted brought back memories of days (and some nights) at Freedom Plaza back in the day. Rest in Peace my friend.

Nicotine wheel ad...


Lance Dawes photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment