Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life Returns

Since returning from Sedona, I have been fired up, which for the most part is a good thing. Nights have been somewhat hellish, averaging 3 or 4 hours a night, but I have been doubling the dose of the sleepytime tea with descent results. As I walked the local Wholefoods searching for my tea I spy some Sambazon goods so its gonna be smoothie central at the 20. I wake up in the morning fired up once again and ready for action. I also blame spring weather coming and going as well as ride planning as contributing to this feeling of anxiety and the mentaility of sleep being a waste of time. After just 2 hours of napping, Sunday was my first ride in Frederick since the fall and the first on fixie. Some bugs needed working out and I got back to the car with a swellbow and a renegade MOuntain Laurel bush attacked my tender thumb setting my recovery back a bit. I need to get that worked out as it is painful to shift the front rings with that thumb and there is a very special challenge on the horizon.Regardless, I blew up the B/B on the cheap Marin and the slack caused me to drop the chain, wedging it between the crankarm and chainring, folding the chain at a 90 degree angle. Luckily we were dropping down Supersweet back to the car so I coasted back rather than removing the ring and trying to salvage the chain.




Wednesday I was up at dawn and went out in the Pits on a scouting mission. Lots of downed trees, but someone has been chainsawing them out. Always good to see someone maintain the local rogue trails, especially since the only other users are motorized. I cleared what I could on my own and got back to car just shy of 3 hours after starting.

Not the beach, just Pits...


The mountain fixie in its new state...


Horst frost...


The afternoon was slow at work so I headed out for some riding of rocks along the river...


Where I found this guy...



An update from Collin contained a single photo...


Another phot courtesy of Sabrina. Collin off the wall...





Off to Bikram...

No comments:

Post a Comment