Sunday, February 6, 2011

thats a wrap

Things were not looking so hot on the thumb front, so we took a day and wandered around the town of Jerome, which was a ghost town before artists commondered it. Now its only half as ghostly. I taped up the thumb and got one more ride in before leaving Sedona, hitting Highline again; this time Jimmy from from The Bean. Collin and I peeled off to ride ---- and met everyone back at the shop. Tim spent the day ironing out the wiring woes on the van with much success. We spent the night at Ross' place who had popped out his shoulder earlier in the day. Posi vibes for a speedy recovery. It was 12 degrees in the morning when we piled into our cars and headed south for warmer weather. We hooked up with Gabe in Tempe who works for the company Sue coaches for. We rode South Mountain, which has to be the best in town trail system known to man. I found a fresh silver chain with a dollar sign medallian. I wore it for the remainder of the ride. Great mexican food right around the corner from Gabe's place with a choice wait staff. It was wednesday, or hump day, which means pump day at Gabe's. Gabe hosts pump track sessions every wednesday night at his place. It was chilly, but things were going off in the backyard. Collin was going big on the wall; big enough that his front wheel was on the neighbor's side of the wall. Met more cool folks and there was a photog shooting the action. We were able to convince her to take some runs and I got some crappy photos of her. I rolled out in the morning, looking to the East and heading back to my old life again, leaving the desert in my rearview. Snowstorms and interstate closures made me detour making for a painfully long trip back. 3 full- day pulls to get to Harrisonburg with enough time for a 4 hour nap before the Superbowl ride up to Flagpole Knob. I missed the ride from town as I couldnt get it together in time so I met up with other group at the rec center. Fewer miles but still got to get the goodness back on the ridges of Virginia again. Now I am home once again, feeling haggered, but happy to be showered and in my bed with Lynx. Already looking forward to next year. I will be shooting for 2 months in Sedona.

Tex and Sue on Earl's Loop...



Heading out of the wind for hanging out...



Laxing...



Regrouping...





Rollin' on Highline...



Haywoodya...



At least the swelling has gone down...



Sue makes short work of some ledgy climbing...



Typical scenery on the National Trail...



Tim crosses a natural bridge of sorts...



Plenty of spots to brush up on your skills...



Just a reminder...




Collin puts a track high on the wall...



Beats watching the game in my book...



1 comment:

  1. awesome checking out your snaps and write ups. Love me some AZ and agree re South Mountain. Check these out from ten years ago: http://patrickgmiller.smugmug.com/Bikes/Arizona-pre-2005/948874_mHRPz#43572999_SYEDf

    ReplyDelete