Monday, March 8, 2010

Fredders Finally

My computer took a dump on me a couple weeks back so needless to say i havent been posting much, however I do have several hundred photos to sort through, some old, some new, so I will be keeping busy on here for the next couple of weeks. With the unusually high amount of frozen precip this winter, I havent been able to get out in the woods on a bike as much as I would like. I have been keeping busy with a photography project Im working on, doing a bit of writing as well as a little bit of snowboarding. This weekend was the first time I had been riding in the shed for a couple months due to the snow. I started out from Sand Flats somewhere between 0930 and 1000 to a nice firm surface. The endos dont grip too well, but I did manage to navagate the better part of the blue trail without issue. I then hopped on the road, making my way out toward Skink where I came across a couple locals who had their Ford explorer pretty well burried. I helped them for a while but eventually saw the futility in matter. I was wearing short sleeves and the warm sun was now high in the sky, ever softening the surface. I hiked for the last 30- 45 minutes back to the car as the snow was now too soft to support even the fattest of tires. I headed over to the canal and put in another 40 miles.

Following ski and snowshoe tracks...



Easy to loose the trail...



Self portrait...



I like the over exposure...



Reminds me of the Indian Ira Hayes..



Canal toward sunset...



Quite the sunset...



Sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment