Thursday, February 11, 2010

Glade Runner

Last week of January: Saturday morning I hopped on my bike and headed for work just as the snow began to fall in DC. I put in a good day's work and then hopped in the car and headed for Patapsco State Park to meet of with Poz to get a snowy, night ride in, which we did for the most part with out lights. You could get a general idea of where the trail was but obstacles were nearly impossible to spot, so we felt our way around. I call this riding by braille. About 2.5 hours riding there, then home to pack my bags to head for WVA to meet up with Tim and some more folks to get some time in at White Grass. I headed out just before sun up and once I got there, borrowed snowshoes and carried my board up as the others got there tele on. Great fun, good conditions and a pretty fun place. Some good woods runs there and saw several familiar faces from the cycling world.

Commuting to work...



Poz circles the drain. Low light, but in frame...


Pigs' Run by my light...




Cleaned it...



Shedding some light on the lower half...




Cascade crossing...




On the road at dawn...




The makings of a great day...




Tim hides out amongst the trees...




Dana in the Flat Rock Bowl...


Tim getting his carve on under the sun...




Sue is no slouch on the skis either...

2 comments:

  1. nice shots. what camera and settings you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shot these with an olympus 7010. It has some "magic" settings that give cool effects once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete