Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Snow in Michox

As you may or may not know, 3 years ago I broke my hip after hanging up on a backside air in a pool and fell straight to the flat and had an implant put in that sometimes give me problems. The past couple weeks I have been having some issues getting around, so I wasnt going to commit to any ride plans this weekend. As luck would have it,I woke up early on today and was feeling good and seeing the snow on the ground got me motivated to get out on the bike. An email had been making its way around this week of a ride in Michox on sunday so I threw my goods in the car and headed out...


As I pulled into Pine Grove Furnace, I saw some of the usual suspects as well as some new faces. We started by climbing up Log Sled...



Puffer faced Pottsie on Rattlesnake...

Mr. Potts and Hans drop down the Rattlesnake's back...


Riding a fireroad en route to Grave's Ridge...


Mike Eataugh at the top of Grave's Ridge...


"Most Difficult..."


This sweet section of single track meanders along this creek for a while...


Today was the first time I had ridden with Mike; and having ridden with his son before, I was reminded of riding with my dad back in the late 80's and early 90's and how special it is for a father and son to have a shared passion. My dad was there for my first mountain bike ride back in 1988 in Wayne County, Kentucky and now look at me. We recently got a chance to go back and visit while taking care of some family business. Me and my dad take one last walk up to the barn...



The farm sits at the foothills of the Appalacians. Right behind me as I took this picture, there is nothing but mountains through Virginia. To the south its all flat to Mississippi. Thanks dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment